An international seminar entitled “Tourism Business: a lever for the development of the country” took place last September 11, which brought together Meetings Industry leaders and political leaders, with the purpose of bringing awareness to the participants to the importance of the sector. At the end of the morning, a mural "Ladrinhos" (TILES) was inaugurated, which aims to remember who went through the Open Days of Altice Forum Braga, a year ago.
This event, within the scope of the celebrations of the 1st anniversary of Altice Forum Braga, was the motto to address questions about the impact of business tourism on a country's economy and what strategies were defined for this type of tourism in Portugal. Each of the two panels was closed, which took place in the Small Auditorium of the Congress Centre of Altice Forum Braga, ended with questions and answers that put the topics discussed in perspective.
- Opening Seminar by Rui Ochôa, Director of EventPoint
- Seminar Opening with Carlos Silva, executive administrator of InvestBraga
- Panel 1: "Impact of Tourism Business on a country's economy", with Francisco Quereda (Spain), Director of the Malaga Convention Bureau and member of the board of the Iberian Chapter of the ICCA; Elling Hamso (Norway), Managing Partner of the Event ROI Institute, moderated by Rui Ochôa.
- Panel Questions and Answers 1
- Panel 2: "Strategy for Tourism Business in Portugal", with Ricardo Valente, President of the Porto Tourism Association, Altino Bessa, Councillor for Tourism in the Municipality of Braga and Pedro Quelhas Brito, Professor at the Faculty of Economics of UP, with moderation by Rui Ochôa.
The seminar also included the viewing of a recorded video message from Ricardo Rio, Mayor of Braga, in which he stated that «Altice Forum Braga is exemplarily fulfilling the mission that Braga people entrusted to him». «To be an open space for multiple achievements, for economic, scientific, academic, cultural, sports, leisure activities, in short ... a multifaceted space capable of hosting large and small events and achievements that attract visitors from the city, the region, of the country and the world, as it has happened throughout this first year of activity ».
At the end of the morning, there was also space for the opening of a mural entitled "Ladrilhos" (TILES), composed of more than 2 thousand plaques with the handprints of the people (of the more than 5 thousand) who passed through Altice Forum Braga a year ago, on the day of its inauguration.
Inauguration of "Tiles"
The ceremony was attended by Carlos Silva, executive administrator of InvestBraga, João Epifânio, Chief Sales Office at Altice Portugal and by the City Councillor of Braga, Altino Bessa, in the presence of a few dozen people who left a year ago their handprint engraved.
Meet all events
Lean on us your event.
At Altice Forum Braga you can find spaces and a multitasked team that will make your event unique.
A modern interactive and environmentally sustainable forum, designed and made for people. A meeting point for business, culture and with multiple values to make your dream and make all kinds of experiences come true.
NOW AVAILABLE | App Altice Forum Braga